Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 16 in Pafos, Cyprus Again

As for this week, I arrived in Pafos and got back to my new apartment and then we slowly began to discover just how much has changed since I left. The missionaries had changed so much and to my surprise destroyed so much stuff in that apartment. We didn't even have a frying pan anymore. Even worse, someone broke a pain of glass out of a glass door. Luckily it was double pained so no air came in or anything. And just when we thought that was the worst it could be, we discovered our area book. The last elders had left us with about a dozen investigators and potential investigators. We were pretty excited for that at first. Then as we started examining the records, we noticed how much wasn't filled out. We didn't know addresses and phone numbers of half of them. So we started contacting the other missionaries and piecing as much of it together as we could. Then as we tried to contact each of them we started discovering that the house numbers and street names didn't exist. We only ended up finding two places and one of them blew us off for the lesson we scheduled. But even with all of that going on, this has still been an amazing week. Being out in the field again makes me so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve as a missionary. It is an amazing experience and something that I will never regret. I look forward to the coming weeks and the success we are going to have here.

This is a picture of my comp (Elder Wells) taking shelter from the rain under a palm tree, only in Cyprus!

No comments:

Post a Comment